National Emergency Number (Fire, Police and Ambulance): 112

If you lose your passport, contact your local Consulate or Embassy.

If you want to report an incident, law enforcement in Portugal is the responsibility of three bodies:

- PSP (Polícia de Segurança Pública) – The civilian police force that works in urban areas.
- GNR (Guarda Nacional Republicana) – The national highway patrol that also works in rural areas.
- PJ (Polícia Judiciária) – Overseen by the Ministry of Justice to investigate criminal cases.



We use cookies to deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies.